Saturday, January 24, 2009

Day at Terry and Marian's Farm















Today was such a wonderful day! Just recently I have gotten back in touch with my summer babysitter from when I was 10 yrs. old. Terry and Marian have a beautiful farm with horses and a large backyard with a slop for sledding. They invited us over and made us feel so welcome and at home. They boys loved watching the birds at the many bird feeders, sledding down the hill and feeding the horses their carrots. It brought back many good memories of my childhood. Thanks so much Terry and Marian! Vincent especially became very attached and wanted to sleep at the farm. Here is a picture of him telling me "I'm a cowboy!"

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often.
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
I'd model less about the love of power,
And more about the power of love.

Grandpa and Grandma Joey

Grandpa and Grandma Joey