Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cousin Eli's house
















On Saturday night Vincent got to go over to his cousin Eli's house and play. Vincent and Eli had so much fun together! They played with the train table, played with cars, watched the movie "Corduroy", and danced around in Eli's room. Vincent really enjoyed the Imagination Movers CD and both the boys danced and sang to all the fun songs. They were soooo cute and definitely worked up a sweat. Vincent is really into the movie "Cars", so he carried Eli's "Cars" cars around all evening. He especially loved Lightning McQueen and Ramone....so much he didn't want to leave them. Vincent had the greatest time! Thanks so much, Eli! We love you!

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often.
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
I'd model less about the love of power,
And more about the power of love.

Grandpa and Grandma Joey

Grandpa and Grandma Joey